Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Nam Prig Kapi

I always hesitated to make one of my favorite dish when I was in Connecticut.

Why?

Because, once, when my friend came over at my place and brought a dish made from this Thai special paste called "Kapi",

my host lady exclaimed suddenly when my friend opened the food container.


"Fishyyyyyyyy!!!!"


Afterward, I no longer thought about making any dish from this paste.







But, today, there's a chance for me.





To be honest, I was so excited to make this dish since I have not been having any chances to eat it for more than one year.

I'm not gonna explain much about how to make it much since I am too lazy to tell.





Start with mashing garlic and Thai chilli pepper



Then add Kapi or shrimp paste





Coconut sugar





And..... this is what you cannot miss adding in this dish, ground boiled shrimp




then, season the mixture by adding fishsauce, lime juice and salt.





Fianally, this is what I've got.








People on Google call it "Thai Shrimp Paste Chilli Sauce"

Normally, we eat it with rice and fresh vegetable.


I made it a little bit more special by adding ground shrimp and ate it with juicy-yolk boiled egg and my roomate's fresh vegetable.

No comments:

Post a Comment