Saturday, July 3, 2010

Do you believe in destiny?



I just finish reading a research about new trend of Thai teenagers. It says, nowaday, teenagers tend to believe in destiny.


The first question I have for this reserch is what the sample group of the research is.


Before I would go too serious, I'd better stop since my English skill is not good enough to discuss about this topic academically.


If the researcher asked me if I believe in destiny, I would reply them suddenly,


No, I do not.







Believing in destiny is kinda dreamer's stuff, especially young girls.


I am a dreamer, either. Sometimes I even lose in imposible dreams that would never happen in real life and have myself hoped. But about destiny, I am not.





"Do you believe in destiny?" There's someone asked me.

"No," replied me.

"Isn't there anything unbelievable happened in your life?"





Unbelievable stuffs? Like what?


Like you were in first-aid room at the time your ex got injured, and that was the first time you saw him?

Like finding later that your ex was your classmate when you were in kindergarten?

Like finding that your ex is the owner of a tiny soldier you have found by accident at a playground and it still is in your drawer?

Like finding that the guy you're dating is the one you have found by accident at a place you traveled to?




It is not destiny or fate ot whatever. It is just coincidence.




Which path you're gonna make,
you are the one to makes it yourself,
not destiny or fate or else.






The same guy who asked if I believe in destiny said to me,

A thing happens for some reason.





I met my first boyfriend for the first time when I was in the first-aid room when he got injured from playing soccer for some reason?

I found that my ex was my kindergarten classmate for some reason?

I once met the guy I am dating at a place I visit coincidentally for some reason?






What is the reason?

Destiny? Fate? Coincidence? or whatever....

I give it only 25% that the thing happens for some reason.




Then, the thing will be good or bad, possible or not; I will smile or cry;

the rest 75% is in my hands.

1 comment:

  1. hi alisa

    It is Robert..I really liked viewing your blog...
    Fall is so beautiful here. It is kind of a miracle.
    How are you?

    Would like to chat sometime....

    I read that you were thinking about fate...That things happen for a reason? You were challenging that idea....I do too. I prefer to think that people are just really good at finding reasons for things that happen. I mean-people try to make sense of the events of their lives. This is a basic need for humans....And people are very imaginative in this pursuit.

    How is USA treating you?

    ReplyDelete