Saturday, June 19, 2010

Simplest celebration

In the past 5 years, on the day like this coming Saturday, I had to wake up 4 in the morning.


I took a shower very quickly and headed out to a beauty salon near my house to make my hair and wear makeup which I rarely, rarely did




It was my special day -- Graduation Day.




I remember that I was so excited. I smiled all day, surounded by friends who I spent my 3 and a half years with and graduated at the same time while my hands were full of bouquets and presents.





Family,






Friends,






Laughs,






most of all,






Pride




And celebration


(Sorry, there's no picture of my graduation celebration.)






So what else it was if it was not called my day?






After spending almost 4 years, this weekend is my Master degree graduation day.

Since there is no family, no friends, no presents, no bouquets, no laughs, no even cards,

moreoever, I have to work this weekend........;

so I kinda feel surprised...



Am I really done with my MD??






I am sure if I were home at this moment, I might be busy with what hair style I would make or where my celebration would be.

But since I am afar from home and no one to celebrate this occasion with,

to make it as simple and easy as I can, I am thinking about, tomorrow, I may go to grocery store near by to get a Coke can,

then grab the can, raise my hand up, and say


"Congratulations, Khwan"





And to ensure myself again


"Finally, you did it."



No comments:

Post a Comment