Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Opportunity

On the third year in my college, in seminar class, my teacher talked about "Opportunity."



"Is there anyone ever see Opportunity?" she asked in the class.

"Isn't it abstract?" One of my friend asked.

"No, it's not," replied her.



She then described us how the Opportunity looked like.



It has long hair on the front.

The back of its head is bald.

It has wings and always stand on only one leg on its tiptoe.



Why it's like that?



My teacher said because the Opportunity doesn't stay for long.

It will fly at any second.

If we want to catch it, we have to grab its front hair.

It'd be too late if you want to catch it from the back.











I then thought about what she has said.

If the Opportunity really exist, I'd be hesitate to grab it since it'd be too ugly for me to want one.



Actually, in my life, I got to grab the Opportunity many times.

Some Opportunities were small, while a few ones were big.

Some of them, I got to grab them, held them just for seconds and then I let them go.

While, some of them, I just saw them simply flew pass me.











"Are you sick?" I asked my best friend while we were chatting through a chatting program.

"I catch a cold," she said.

"Is it bad? Are you ok?"

"I have sore throat and don't have voice."



We have talked a little more before I sulked her for something and excused myself to back to my work.

"I'll call you soon." I have told her before I left.

"But I can't talk much, I can only listen. Why don't you call me when I recover?"



For some reason.....

I saw one very rare Opportunity's walking to me when I heard her said that.

It kept its wings on the back and poked its front head with very long hair to me as if it's tempting me to grab it.



And I knew at that second....... I could not let it go this time......



"It's ok if you can't talk," I heard myself answered her.

'Just listening to me talk is quite fine,' I told her in my mind.

"I think it would not be better within a few days and it's usually worse at night," she still complained.



"I'll call you tonight then!"

No comments:

Post a Comment