Saturday, December 6, 2008

I'm not a good movie critic, aren't I. :P

Last night I went to see "Twilight" with friends.



It's a movie about... well, I think it's famous enough to not say what it's about.


Someone asked me what I think about this movie...Hmmmm... Let me think.


I won't talk about directing (if I use the right word) or cutting film or something like that. I have no idea about it, so I'd better talk about something else.


I can't criticize the movie like critics from movie magazine do. I never read the book, so I can't say that it's more or less juicy than the story in the book like Harry Potter and his confusing life that I used to think about.


What I can say about it, then???


Well, I think it's not love.
I don't think that the feeling between Edward and Bella is love. Hmmm.. I don't want to insult them. There may be love, but I think there's passion more than love.

Moreover, if Bella took more time to think about immortal life, she might not want to be like that. Imagine that you'll never die... You live your life day by day, watching world and things around change and change, again and again. Well, it may be fun for awhile. But what you will live for?


Bella said that there're 3 things that she's sure about Edward. One of those was she loved Edward unconditionally.
And I think.. how much time she spent to get this idea. Only a few months, right? A few months made her thought that she loved him unconditionally.


.....Hmmm...


That's a passion, I guess.


Then I think back about myself. I used to think that I loved someone unconditionally. No matter what people said or thought, even warned me. I didn't listen. Whatever he did or whoever he was, I didn't care.
I was young... so young that never stopped and took time to think about it.


Oneday, I found that... only love wasn't enough. When your love or relationship begins, of course, love is the most important thing. But after that, you may realize that being together needs something more than love only. Like.. your bf/gf's attitude about anything, their background, where they live, what they're able and unable to do. Being together needs those also.


Because even little things can cause problems, right?


Though I don't want to judge Bella, well, I judge her already. :P But I think loving someone unconditionally, without thinking about those may be passion. And that is being emotional than being rational, I guess.


Somehow Bella had her reasons to fall in love with a vampire. Imagine that I were Bella, the only one reason that would make me fall for a vampire is he's cute and sweet. :P Where else on earth that you can find a lovely and... well, handsome vampire like this??


So if I were Bella, once I know that Edward loves me, I'd jump at him and say, "I'll dedicate my blood for you." :P


Luckily, I'm not. :P


It's a romantic, fantasy and (they said) action (???) movie for teenagers. I like it. At least, it's better than the other movies on the table. Someone told me that it's a girl movie. Hahahaha... I'm a girl, dear. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it was a good trip and thanks to the organisers, especially Girl Friday?..
    You still cannot spell!

    ReplyDelete