Wednesday, August 5, 2009

The best guy I've ever met.

There's my friend's graduation rehearsal today. I went there to congratulate to him on this occasion he's been waiting for. (Well, I've been waiting for mine, too!)



There're many college friends there altogether. While we're waiting for the rehearsal of the holder of a master's degree, we talked like we haven't met for years. Some of us work far away from Bangkok. Some are in Bangkok but have very little free time. A couple friends married and one of those already has a baby. This was a great time to exchange things that had happened in our lives.




We queued up to talk about each other's stories.



One by one...

One by one...

And one by one...



Some friends talked about their jobs.

Some talked about their mates. One talked about her baby and husband.




For me,....

I chose not to talk about anything. I prefered listening and laughing and told them that there's nothing exciting except my thesis and asked again if they really wanted to know. I told them that even though it's annoying and boring sometimes but, at least, it had never hurted me.


One of my best friend who knew everything that happened in my life looked at me and I could see a big question mark on her face. I could have sworn that I could read her lips saying, "you're a liar."



We made jokes to each other and it's like we couldn't stop laughing at ourselves.



For some reasons, one friend talked about her boyfriend and said that this guy was the best one she ever had. Then we began to convince ourselves to talk about the best boyfriend or girlfriend in our lives.



For more excitement, a friend launched his idea. It's to write the name of the best one we ever had on a piece of paper and drew lots. The one whose the paper was picked had to tell a story of the name they had written. Some written names we had never heard before.



Until one of my friend picked one... No doubt why everyone altogether could know whose the paper was when they could see the name...












"Thesis"













Maybe you know why they turned to me, don't you.









And once again, I could read my friend's lips.

Hmmm.... Somehow I might misunderstand...

Why I could read it as "footwork."??

No comments:

Post a Comment