Monday, May 4, 2009

Sattaheep temple fair

Yesterday I took my little nephew to a temple fair near my uncle's house in Sattaheep, Chonburi. This kind of fair usually locates in or near temple area. It's a fun time and place for people to enjoy. In the past, this fair was like a chance to hang out and find new people. Nowaday, it's hard to find a fair like this in Bangkok. I guess the bigest temple fair in Bangkok is about Loi Kratong festival period at the golden mountain.





The golden mountain fair

Picture from www.oknation.net/blog/petpetpe/2007/11/25/entry-1



Back to the fair which I'm talking about...


Because the fair was in a temple area, so I firstly walked and looked around. There's a Buddhist sanctuary in the center of the fair. As a Buddist, I went inside to worshiped Buddha statues.






White lotuses, 3 joss sticks and a candle to worship Buddha statues.

I also gilded golden leaves on the statues's hands to remind myself to always do good things.




Almost every temples, there's a "Seum Si," a cylinder of foretell sticks. It's a Chinese belief to predict a future. All you have to do with it is to joggle the cylinder until a stick fall down, then you'd get your number on the stick. If there're many sticks fall at the same time, pick the stick that falls first. And if you try joggling it many times and still get many sticks fall altogether... , your life may be too complicated to predict, then.






This's what I've got, No. 9



When you get your number from the stick, go to a board which fortune papers are stuck on and get your prediction. Usually, it's Thai poetry which sometimes it's hard for me to undertand. :P



This is my fortune...




Your luck is good... There won't be any problems in anywhere you'll go or anything you'll do...


(Hmmm... If that's true, what about my thesis, then??)


You'll meet people who you haven't seen for years.


(Yeah... I'll have a meeting with college friends next week. But I haven't seen them just for months.)


If you're sick, it will take awhile more than usual to get better.


(Luckily... My health's pretty good now.)


About your love... be patient.. and don't rush.


(Hmm... I'm kind of impatient person... but I don't rush for this.


So what can I do? One more shaking?)












There're many kinds of booths, such as food, gifts, copied electronic stuffs and some amusement booths.







This is one of my favorite.. quail egg fried on a griddle which there're holes orderly on it.

If you don't understand what I'm trying to explain... check out the left picture.

After adding soy sauce and pepper... Hmm... yummy!




Amusement booths, usually for kids.

Mini racing booth and an art corner for kid




A combination of merry-go-round and roller coaster plaything


Giant slider, only for kids




Home-made Ferris wheel...
Though I'm scared of hight... but a reason why I don't join this wasn't that.
It's only because I love my life and still have many things I want to do.





Shooting booth
My little nephew's so serious about his shooting.

This is my target.
One... a head
One... a chest
One... through a heart
One... a rib
Two... arms
And four... stomach (actually I tried to unman the target man)

Maybe I should take a shooting course???
So that next time, I can easily shoot every bullets to his crotch.


No comments:

Post a Comment