Sunday, November 8, 2009

Makeup effect @ a wedding celebration

"May I have your phone number?"

"Excuse me?" I turned to the one who said that sentence and asked.

"May I have your phone number?" he still insisted.









Today I went to my old colleague's wedding celebration.






I once worked as an HRD officer for The World's Largest Manufacturer of Melamine Tableware. Everything was great during I was there, my colleagues, boss and job type. Only one thing that was not quite good was environment there. Where the company located was in an industrial area which was fulled of pollution, especially air pollution. I got caugh often when I worked there and when I quitted, the symptom was gone.


Sao, the bride today, was the most beautiful girl in the company. In my opinion, she's naturally beautiful and when she came to work, she only wore light makeup but she still looked amazing while other girls were wearing thick makeup but looked so-so ( and while I put only baby powder on my face and lip balm on my lips and was told to try to wear makeup sometimes!). Today, she was even more pretty when she had earth-toned make up on her face and was in white wedding dress.








When I was there, according to my work type, I had to deal with many people in every levels, such as labors, officers, managers, executives and the company chairman, to find out some fact to plan to develop human resource there. I had to walk into each department to talked, asked for some fact or document or even just to said hi. It made me to be well-known among those people.

Once, a manager of creative department talked with my boss. People in creative department were kinda.... independent, unique and hard to approach which very few people would want to deal with them. The creative department then was famous for Don't-you-dare-to-come-in zone.


The manager of the department told my boss while pointing to me, "That girl is the first one to dares to walk into my room and talks with my subordinates. She seems not care about what we are called. I saw she walked into the room and ignored the tough atmosphere my people set it up to against anyone who's not in their team. She opened the door, smiled to everyone and said 'Hello' out loud." (Actually, I did that because I didn't know what to do that was better than smiling and I didn't realize their given name. I guess if I knew it, I would be nervous to deal with them also.)


After I have quitted the job, I went there to visit my old colleagues several times to had lunch with them, helped them something and brought them something I got when I went on my travel.







Therefore, the wedding today was kind of my home coming day. I met people I onced work and deal with. Since it's almost 2 years after I had quitted the job, some people couldn't remember me. Some said I looked familiar while some were surprised to see me there.


For some reasons.......... , at the wedding celebration, I guess I could tell that I was stared by some people.....When I tried to find out who's looking at me and then saw which ones did, all of them were some guys I had to deal with once.


A few guys obviously asked for my phone number. All I did, the same old thing I always do, was to footwork by changing the topic and asked if they could not remember me. All I got from them was the same sentences, "Really?? You're Khwan? The old HRD girl?"


Maybe because makeup I wore today made me looked different from Khwan in baby powder in those old days in the company? That's why they couldn't recall who I was?


I, however, realized that if I want to get more attention from guys, I should wear makeup when I go out. And although how bad I naturally look, if I would ever want to look like Miss Universe, makeup can help!!





Golden-orange-toned and natural-looked makeup I wore tonight



My tiny version and me in the-same-look dresses

Well..... check out those pictures and then you will agree with me.
Makeup and yellow light didn't help anything but only those guy's standard were low
or their brains were just abnormal.

However, though I tried hard to avoid giving away my phone number, there's a guy still insisted and kept asking me.


"C'mon, may I have your phone number?"

Then when I also insisted that I wouldn't give it away, I got another words from him.

"You're the world's most beautiful girl I ever know."

Hmmm.... did my makeup have that much effect, huh?


I was speechless when I heard he said that. But finally, he got my email address.


It's kinda..... funny and surprising, you know? I didn't want to be impolite, so I dared not to laugh at what he did. But to see him and his act, I couldn't help to laugh quietly and thought.....


Wow...... kids in this era are so precocious!!


Because what??


It's because the guy who tried hard to get my phone number was only 12 years old! And I didn't want to break the law, anyhow. Dating under 20-year-old one is illegal, at least for my own law.





No comments:

Post a Comment