Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunday Morning @ Lam Phaya Floating Market

This Sunday morning, I had an appointment with my gang. We would go to a floating market near my university, Mahidol, where called Lam Phaya floating market together.


After only a-few-hour-long sleep and for some reasons, I didn't feel great today but felt sick in my stomach.





My gang which there were my advisor, Ple and Din





As feeling sick, while we were having brunch together, my gang was kind of surprised to see me did not eat much as I always do. At first, they didn't believe that I felt so bad that I could not eat much until Din bought grilled prawns and I did not even touch the plate. That's when they realized that Khwan was not quite OK.



After our brunch, we took a walk around.




This is one of my favorite sweet, Khao Kreab Wow. It's a type of crisp rice pancake which is Thai local snack. It tastes a little sweet and has a little nice rice smell.




Khao Kreab Wow, sweet'n crispy snack





This shop sold only trousers and skirts.
I guess that's the reason of the shop's name, "Ass Story."





Rose-bouqueted Pandanus leaves, natural deodorization for your car






Although I like to take a walk in markets since it's a place to get to know local culture of people there, but I always avoid crowd, especially when I don't feel quite good as today.



Not quite far walking from the market, there was a made-of-bamboo cow pen.




A young cow and his Sodium Chloride cube



While playing and taking pictures of the little cow,
someone poked her nose in to see what I was doing.



After I felt better, then I tried to find if there was my favorite thing was sold there.


It's tiny tomatoes.




If you know me, you would know that my blog is not a tour guide blog. I don't write about places I have gone to, what activities to do there or what famous dish you should not miss. I usually write about nonsense things. That's why my pictures may disappoint you since it can not tell you anything, like the atmosphere or what were sold there, but only silly pictures which were taken when there was something passing my mind while I was seeing them.




I will finish this post with a plant which my friends said they would buy me when I finish my degree.



My gang had an agreement to come back to this floating market again to get me this violet lotus as soon as I get my MD.

The reason is related to the lotus name. It is "Celebrate for Khwan."

No comments:

Post a Comment