Friday, November 13, 2009

Underneath The Sky

I shut down my laptop and packed it in its bag.

I grasped my bags, left the air-conditioned room where I had been spending several hours since the morning there and walked along a track by the main river of Thailand.




Pridi Panomyong Library, where I had spent the whole morning in there.




TU, my Bachelor school locates by Chao Praya river, the main river of my home country.






Across the river, just right opposite to TU,
a campus of my current grad school, Mahidol or MU, locates there.




I found a seat, sat there and pulled a book which I did not finish it yet out to read.



At the moment, I felt free......



Free from the space surrounded by 4 walls, free from my wooden desk...., moreover..... free from my thesis.




I then thought of my favorite song...

I felt the earth beneath my feet, sat by the river and it made me complete.




All I did was just sitting there, felt the wind and looked at people around.




Bernard, Indian nut merchant

He is a witness of TU history, was in many important Thailand political situations.

He then becomes a symbol of TU.





This pencil-shaped dome building is the main symbol of TU.
Today, it's under construction.




I then find you a picture of when it looked perfectly.




The breezy wind blew against my face. I took a deep breath and the scent of the river which the wind was holding in and smiled.



"Unbelievable, you can be happy with just these little things," someone once said to me.

"I am not demanding," I smiley replied him.







The gold sunlight shone over the area before faded away and the darkness gradually took the place. As the sun was setting, the warm wind turned cooler.




One reason why I like orange colour.

Orange sky is the best.




Sitting there, it made me did not want to back home.

If it was in the past, during the change of time like this, there might be a phone call.



"Where are you?" I might be asked.

And if I answered where I was, I might get "Why don't you back home?" back.



It's funny and sometimes a little bit annoying to get kinda-command questions like those.

Funny..... it felt like I missed that call at this moment.





Orange-ish purple sky

It is also one of my favorite scene.



6 o'clock in the evening,

I hesitated to back home since I knew that there would be a great traffic jam on my way home. So I decided to stay for a little while.



Then.....



"Where are you?"

There it was....

This call was like an alarm clock to say "Time's up."



"TU, Tha Prachan, ka"

"When will you back home?" A dialog which I could remember perfectly was about to begin....

"I will let you know when," I interrupted the conversation and hung up.



Then the blue took all of the place.



Half an hour later,

"Are you still at Tha Prachan?"

"Yes"

"Khwan, you should back home."

"I know, mom. I will leave soon. The traffic is jam at this moment, you know that,"
I said to her.

"So when will you leave?"

"I will let you know, mom."
I replied.




The sky turned dark.

I still did not want to back home yet.





7 o'clock in the evening,

and so...... again.....

"Khwan, are you leaving yet?"

"Mom...... c'mon....."
I said to her. "I said I will let you...." then my stomach was suddenly interrupting by screaming...


"OK, I'm leaving now."






The sun set right opposite where I was sitting.




No matter what part of the world we are, we all are underneath the same sky.

When I feel down, I will look up at the sky and try to smile to it. To be under this huge blue cloth, my problem seems to be smaller and smaller.




In case you can not tell, I love it.



Love being underneath and seeing the sky,

especially to see when it's changing its colour.






Say I am not a romantic type, then.




No comments:

Post a Comment