Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sis

Dad said there were two angels in this house.







My aunt and uncle in law had been waiting for their child for long time. When my mom had noticed that she would have a baby in the next 8 months, my aunt also thought that she got pregnant too.



Their babies were predicted that they would be born not for long after each other. One would be in July while another one would be in August or September of 1984.



In that year, July 3rd, a baby girl was born. Another baby who wasn't born yet was so impatient to get out of its mom's tummy. So it kicked the mom from inside so hard that she couldn't take the pain and wanted to get rid of the baby from her tummy.



Thus, another baby was finally born as it has planned on July 22nd, instead of one or couple months later as the doctor had made an appointment.











Dad said there were two angels held their hands to be born together.





Well....

if you know those baby girls well enough, you would know that they were not angels.....




but devils!







When they were young, one of them was told that she was so kind to her cousin, while another girl was self-centered and difficult.

Not too hard to guess......., the self-centered one, of course, was the writer of the blog you are visiting.





The girls did many things together.

They went to kindergarten together. They played together. They spent their time together.

Also, they fought and argued to each other.








They are my cousin, Yee, and me.






There are many stories of us. Some stories are our legends that we would be teased about them until we die.

Although we have been fighting for over 25 years since we're old enough to be able to fight,

although we are compared to each other by people around us and that sometimes make conflicts between us,

although I admit (well......., this is my first time to say this.) that I sometimes am jealous of her that she's more pretty, cute, attractive and better than me in many ways,

although there were times she hurt me and I paid back to her harder,

although there were times I was mean to her and she had no way to get away from my meanness,

(Somehow you see how cruel I am.)



we love each other much more than any words could describe.














I think I knew it, but I just didn't say words...






Yesterday, she posted on my Facebook... some sentences that remind me of time we spent together.


"I miss when you suddenly opened my roomdoor without asking for permission.

I miss when you baked cake and some times only your dog enjoyed it. (Thanks for telling everyone how good at cooking I am.......)

I miss when you fought with my mom for using the bathroom.


And I miss your yelling voice and your own medley when you sang while taking a shower."







I think I knew it.......

but I just never said anything....






I also think of her, although not so often.

I think of when we held hands and crossed the road.

I think of her pretty clothes which I often jealously looked at them since I realized that she was pretty in those while I looked terrible.

I think of when I held her in my arms while trying to calm her down, also still think about if there would be anyone to comfort her when she is in trouble.






I think I knew it.....

but I just kept it to myself.






I never let her know that I cried every times she had problem because I didn't want her to be that unhappy.






I think I knew it.....






It is the day I left my homecountry.

It is the first time I saw her cry to me.... and asked me not to go.






I think.....

I realize it.....






I think I know how much we love each other

and feel like something's missing when we're not together.



It is a part of us.







Just so you know,

I want to be near to you and help you fighting anything that hurt you.











I miss you, too,

Sis.








No comments:

Post a Comment