Thursday, September 30, 2010

Chipmunk

One thing I always like to do when I have free time is just to sit in back yard and relax.

I bring my book to read or sometimes just sit there silently, enjoy the atmosphere and watch activities of creatures in the yard.






One of those is a tiny striped squirrel called Chipmunk.





I watched them running back and forth in the yard to collect acorns and throw them into their hole.







If I make a move and they know it, they will run and hide themselves in the hole.

When they realize that there's no one around, then they will come out and lively continue their activities again.







One of my friend, Pleng, compares our lives with chipmunk.





Close your eyes and imagine....





We hide ourselves in a little cave called room.

When we're hungry, we're out of the room to find something to eat.

Our ears are upright, our eyes are much better than usual, just to try to catch anything wrong around.



Suddenly, when we hear something...., mostly, it's move of our host family, we run back to the room.

Then, when things outside are quiet, and we know we avoid them successfully, we then open the door quietly and come out again.






All I did when I heard my friend compared us with the tiny creature was just laugh.

Well, although I admit that I am like that sometimes, but it's just to avoid working when it's my time off.

So, I didn't think that aupair life is really like that.






Last month, I was hanging out at my friend's, Suk, place.

While we were making food and watching movie, her host cat, Kitty, was around almost all the time.









Whatever we did, she walked around like a watch cat and it felt like she kept her eyes on us.

"I have no idea why she likes to be around and stare at us like this," Suk said.







So, when Suk's host family got home, I talked with them about Kitty and what she did around us.


"She just gets bored and had nothing to do," The host dad said.


"Oh? What does she usually do?" I asked






The following sentence of his then clear everything....






"She loves to watch chipmunk."





No comments:

Post a Comment