Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Behide the curtain

When I was a freshy in Thammasat University, my Bachelor school, I followed my friends to joined a student club of our faculty. It is called Social Work Politic-sacastic Chinese opera.










Our club has a long story which once was a part of Thailand politic history. Performance of our club is like a stage play. Differences from original Chinese opera are that there are not Chinese song or language but only Thai-languaged script which will be spoken with Chinese accent.



The main purpose of the club is to reflect Thai politic. There is politic sarcastic script in the play. We did not pick any sides or colours but only tried to stimulate people to pay more attention to situation Thailand was in and to think of the public instead of private matter.



In the club, There were many responsibilities such as actors and actresses, make-up artists, ventriloquist and else. At first, mine was only a script writer. But when no one showed interest to work with costumes, I then volunteered to be a costumer.

Script is the first thing that had to be done. Then actors, actresses and ventriloquist would rehearse. During the rehearsal, my friends and I would get together to comment them.



Right before the performance, makeup artist team and I had to work hard. I had to make sure that the actors and actresses could move well, make sure that safety pins would not stab them and that the costume would not fall down while they're on stage.



Sounds easy, eh. But believe me, it's not that easy at all.



When the plays were on stage, behide the stage was busy. I had to stare at the players and tried to find out if there was anything wrong. I had to run to the player right after they walked back to the backdrop to check the clothes. In my jeans pocket, there were hundred of safety pins were ready to be used. That's the source of my another one nickname, safety pin girl.

It was a great time in my life. I learned to work as a team and be a part of them. We had conflicts. We fought. We argued. And, finally, we learned to solve the problems and get back together.





















Life is like a play.

There are scenes we have to play and behide-the-scene that has to be managed. While the success of our performance can be indicated by feedback from beholders, their claps and laughs, mine is smiles of people around me.



On the surface you see me, it is not that I am playing a play or pretending. I have to go on and I just am doing my best to balance things in my life at the moment while worries keep running behide my performance, staring at me and looking for times when I am weak; so they will take all of my strength's place.

I am trying to pay more attention to something while trying my best not to drop anything. I try not to complain, weep, ask for sympathy or understanding even though I feel weary or even weak sometimes.







Once an actress stumbled over electric wire and that made the skirt torn; I had to run to her, brooch more than twenty safety pins on the skirt within only a couple minutes and she needed to get back on the stage to keep the play going. After the play, I had to sew it to prepare for the next performance.





In the same way, I need to make my performance to be great although there're hundred pins ready to stab into my heart and prepare myself to get ready to face my next day.





Behide my curtain, I need to deal with my worries to make my life to move on.



No comments:

Post a Comment