Saturday, September 12, 2009

This post is for you.

When everything collapses in a blink of an eye and it makes you want to scream out loud, whom you wish to listen to you?


When there's thunder and storm, where your shelter would be?

When your whole world is upside-down, where you'd run to?





For me,

there's only one word for those questions.



"Friend"




There are days that I hesitate to back home, there alway is a place for me to be alseep silently.

There are days that I don't know where I would go, there always is a place for me to stay.

There are days I am confused to face the world, there always is someone to encourage me.

There are days that I wish I have someone to listen, there always is someone there.

There are days I cry and want no advice nor speech but only touch on my shoulder and understanding eyes, everything I want is always on another phone line. Though I can't see those eyes or feel the touch, but I know that they're always there.




There were some times I hesitated to back home. My eyes were swollen because of too much crying. I dialed my phone and did not say anything when someone at another side answered.

Without any questions, "Come here," she said.



There were some times I was silenty on the phone.

Without any words, "You can cry if you want," was what I heard.



There were times I was disappointed and shocked.

Without judgement, I could run into someone's arms and cry on thier shoulders.







To go beyond the surface, to reach into your soul.

This love is not demanding, my heart has told me so.


Let's make the headlines, loud and clear.

The best things suddenly happen when you are here.


If I lost my way, you'd carry me home.

Take me all the way to heaven, never leave me alone.

And it's just like everything matters when you are near.






With them, I don't have to be worried if I'd be forgotten.








Now we all grew up.


We do good things and bad things, we face the world's good side and bad side without each other side-by-side as in the past.


Though we don't contact much lately after we moved to different places to have our own lives, but I know that they still are there if I want them.


They know I'm here for them forever either.


Though we don't need advice from each other as we once did, but we know where the best without-judged place we'd run to.



There's no hurt though we are not in contact for awhile.
There's no complaint though we are the last to hear the news.

There's no need to excuse for what we shouldn't have done.

There's no judge for bad things we've made.

But there're hands, shoulders and eyes to comfort us with understanding.






Lately, I heard something from my best friend. I was asked for some advice what they should do.

I didn't say anything much but did only what I always do. It's to point them to see options they had and some possible results of those from my perspective.

I didn't say what they should or should not do. Because finally, they'd be the one to make a decision on what the best for them was.


One thing I always believe is that my friends are mature enough to know what they should do, to see what's right and wrong, and to choose the best for their own lives.

So there's no need to let me know everything or every times when they have probelm.







When my phone rings, it doesn't always mean there's someone needs advice but only to share me what they have gone thru.

And they know, I'd say something if they want me to.

They know, I'd be there to listen.




As much as they're meaningful to me, I'd love to be with them, although sometimes it's just to be being quiet for hours.

As much as they're meaningful to me, I'd offer them my shoulders to lean on, although it's just the only one thing I can do for them.

As much as they're meaningful to me, I'd spend time with them as long as they want, although it's just a couple minutes or hours.



And..
.
What great friends they are?


As much as I'm meaningful to them.....,
at the other night, they helped me to break my record of being on the phone...


only 6 hours total....












No comments:

Post a Comment