Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sticky Rice and Thai Custard

This is one of my favorite dessert.







Sticky rice and Thai custard


(Khao Neaw Sangkaya)






Those colourful sticky rice are made from sticky rice boiled with different juice.






Yellow colour is from curcuma or pumpkin juice.

Blue colour is from butterfly pea juice.

Green colour is from pandanus juice.

Red colour is from rosella juice.








To make the sticky rice and Thai custard,


you have to boil sticky rice with plain drinking water
or if you want the rice to be colourful, boil it with those juice.
Adding oconut milk and sugar will make the rice smell nice and sweet..... and yummy!!








Then it's Thai custard's turn.


To make Thai custard, you need eggs, coconut milk, sugar and concentrated pandanus juice. Pandanus juice will lessen egg scent and make your custard smell sweet.


Then beat eggs well, add the rest ingredient and mix well. The last thing to do is to steam the ingredent about 20 minutes.


And you will get smell-like-heaven Thai custard.


All you have to do next is just place sticky rice on small plate and topping custard on it.


But beware...., only a-small-piece-of-cake-size sticky rice with Thai custard will give you ~370 kcal.


Instead of sticky rice, the custard can be eaten with something else also. For me, I love having it with steamed pumpkin.


I love custard and every times I have chance to have it, I'd think about making it by myself since the ingredients can be found easily in Thai kitchen and the method is not any complicated.


So oneday, I tried making it. And I found that it's very easy!! You just mix those ingredient well, pour it into a bowl and steam it.


After awhile, I got very-nice-look Thai custard. I left it to be cool for awhile and put it in my fridge.





When my mom got home, she said to me,




"I think your omelette in the fridge is a little too sweet."


Huh!?!?!?











Thai custard is an easy and very delicious dessert.


For me, I still want to make it again.



Hmmm....




Well.... when think twice....




Maybe finding some Thai dessert stall is a good idea as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment