Friday, October 16, 2009

Lost sweet

After I have been being so busy for several days, I went out to see the world out of my place and enjoyed the atmosphere around.


To relax myself, there's one method called "Being-out therapy"


It's to go out even if it's just around my neighborhood or a park near my place. It's just to take a deep breathe of the world and tell myself that there still are many things around to pay attention to.


Today, I went to a mall, wanted to take a look at some stuffs.


After I have checked a movie time table and realized that it would be too late to back home if I would see it, I came down to the first floor to find something to eat before getting back home.


While looking at food stalls and thinking about what I would have for my dinner, I found my lost beloved sweet which I have been searching for it for years.


Today, it was as near as my nose tip!




Dragon Beard Candy


Ancient Chinese Emperor's Dessert

(They said so)




It's made from honey caramel mixed with wheat flour. Then the ingredient was pulled and straightened again and again and again and again............. and again...... till the ingredient became a thounsand thin thread as you can see from the picture. The stuff inside was pound peanut mixed with white sesame and sugar.

What it tastes like? You may ask.

Hmmm...... let me try it first...


Hmmm.... maybe I should have another one then I can tell the taste clearer....


Hmmm.... one more would be better....


Hmmm..... maybe another one....



Hmmm.....




OK, guess I should tell you guys what it tastes like since you don't have any chances to try it, too.

It's like sweet cotton -- soft and sweet, not too sweet, tho. When you chew it, then peanut taste will come out with a litle bit scent of sesame.


After you have it.... go brush your teeth..., the white sweet cotton will stick between your tooth and you will have tongue cramp if you try using your tonge pick it out from your teeth....

Yeah, it's that sticky.




If you have dentures and don't want to lose them, avoid this dessert.

Another way to enjoy Dragon Beard Candy is to put it in your fridge. It will be crispy and you can swallow it before it will stick on your teeth.







No comments:

Post a Comment