Monday, October 12, 2009

A clumsily-driving trip to Huahin

Sunday early morning, I was awake with excitement. I planned to go somewhere as I have posted here earlier.
It's a place called Huahin, a beach in Petchaburi province about 250 kilometre away from Bangkok.




I spread Thailand map and planned the direction.

The blue star is where I was. I had to drive to the orange one.
I made a call to my college friend to ask about the direction. After getting ironically blessing for my so-early-morning-wake-up call by him, he told me it would be 500-kilometre-long round trip.





An army marches on its stomach...

And Breakfast is the king of meal...

Those were my breakfast at 6 am in the morning, grilled pork and sticky rice.






My trip started at 6.30 am in Sunday morning.
Clear blue sky and gentle sunlight were above of me.





Thailand guidepost could tell the direction so clear..... I clumsily drove on a highway and although there were signs telling the directions, I got lost finally....


I was not sure whom to be blamed..... the clear guidepost.... or myself....




The further I drove, the more hills I found....

When realized I was going to the beach, but hills???
"Am I using the right direction?" I asked myself...




On the way to the beach, I dropped by at a place called "Ma-ru-ka-ta-ya-wan palace" in Cha-am, Petchburi province.


It's where the King Rama VI of the house of Chakri of Siam country gave to his queen. That's why the palace also known as "The palace of love and hope" where located on Cha-am beach.


I hope I could tell you the reason of the palace name in English perfectly. Since my English skill is excellent, I'd better suggest you to find out more information about this place from this link instead. --> http://www.thailand-huahin.com/huahin-news/mrigadayavan-palace-chaam.htm




Right-straight track from the main section to the beach

I liked the close-up-to-sea-view room.




Sweet-pastel-colour-painted palace

Forgive me if I would say I can not live in this colour-toned place....
I am sure I would be sick of those sweet colours.






The palace area
I like that it's open area which you could feel the breezy wind and smell the sea.



I left the sweet palace after taking about an hour there and then headed to Huahin beach. After the second-time getting lost, I could make it to the beach with my screaming-for-lunch stomach.








I had hope I would find something to eat on the beach.... But after I saw a thousand of people there (do not believe the pictures, they lie you always), I told my stomach to hold on...


Instead of getting rest on Huahin beach as I had planned, I left there for another beach I knew called "Suanson Pradipat." It's about 20-kilometre away from Huahin.


On the way to another beach, I turned left to Kao Takiab, a high hill at the end of Huahin beach to see the view of the town.


While driving in a small alley to the hill, I realized that there was a small fishing boat dock.





The dock was at the right while seafood stalls were orderly at the left.







Seafood were moved from the fishing boats to the stalls.



In the picture, the women picked crabs out of the fishnet and the crabs would be bought by owners of seafood stall right after they finished their work.



Can you tell how fresh those crabs were?





Seafood stalls




Prawns and prawns and prawns!!!

This place must be my heaven for sure!!




Even bigger than my hand!!




My cholesterolful lunch


After I have dealt with the meal, I realized that I have had full-rate cholesterol in advance for a year.




Driving up to the hill




While climbing up to the view point, you would be surrounded by monkeys.






A curious one tried to check out what's inside the car.






Huahin town view

Unfortunately, it's a cloudy day....




Then I headed to Suanson Pradipat. It's the beach in navi area and quite more silent than Huahin.

While singing along "Somewhere only we know" with my stereo, I saw something clear...

I got lost again....




Fianally, I could get to another beach, Suanson Pradipat






Well........ Silence was everywhere on weekend.....

Agree?




Nonetheless, I could find a mat and lay down on the beach with a book in my right hand and an icecream cone in my left hand.


After awhile on the beach, I was awake when I felt raindrops on my face. I didn't even know when I fell asleep there.

Alright, it's time to back home, time to back to the truth I have run away from.





A big glass of milk tea on the way home to keep me awake





And the last new friend I made on the trip.






Right...
I ran away from the truth in Bangkok to another truth in another place.


I ran away from traffic jam in Bangkok to another traffic jam out of Bangkok.




I left the beach around 4 pm and had hoped that it would take me only a couple hours to get
home. Well..... I was wrong... since I found that I got stuck in an awful traffic jam while my urinary system was working very well.....It took even 5 hours instead and I ran to restroom in a gas station right after I could get out of there.




Only a few seconds you take to say bad words can destroy a million minutes of your great time....


In this case, I should say my great time of the trip for the whole day was destroyed by a little while I focused on trying to find a restroom.




No comments:

Post a Comment