Saturday, August 28, 2010

Languages I Speak

It is always that I spend some time to look back to things I have done and try repeating myself not to do anything that I feel regret with ever again.


Today, I've got an email from a friend. Once again, I look back to my past and have something to think over.





There's only one language I am fluent at. No wonder, obvioulsy, it is my mother language-- Thai.

Another language I have been learning to speak is English. Although I have been spending more than 20 years learning it, sadly, I still am not good at it.

Besides Thai and English, I never learn any other languages. But today, I found that, actually, there's another language I speak without knowing it.




It is Love.


This language, there's no grammar to correct, no vocabulary to remember,

but there're principles to concern.






Allow me repeat them and grade myself at the same time.






* Words of affirmation

The words "I love you," although it is hard to make me say them for the first time, but once I already mention them, prepare yourself to get bored. Because it is also hard to make me stop saying it.




For this girl, it didn't take me long to say the word "Love."





For now, I think I say them often enough to ensure the ones I love that I love them.



I give myself 8/10.






** Quality time

It says, watching TV is not quality time since focus point is not persons who are together but it is TV instead.

But I rarely watch TV. So....... watching movie is not quality time also?





We took a walk everyday when we were together.





Is eating together counted?

Well.... maybe not? Since I always pay attention to the food more than the one I am with.





I always spend time playing hide and seek with this guy.






Hmmm...... so........ looking back, I am not good at this principle.



OK............... 4/10, then.






*** Receiving gifts

Well....... it is not always that I give the ones I love gifts.





Last Christmas, I made him Santa Clause shirt.

Unfortunately, he seemed not like it.





I always think too much whenever I try to find them gifts.

Will he like this shirt? Is it really useful? Somehow he would think it's nonsense? Will he laugh at it?

Then, it often ends up with I'd better not get him that stuffs since he may not like them, but, maybe kissing him is enough?



6/10 is enough....






**** Acts of service

It is showing love by serving the one you love, for example, helping washing dish, or driving them to where they want to go.




This guy loves massage.

When we were together, I gave him massage at least twice a week.





Hmmm..... Is doing a favor called service?



How about...... 7/10?



Nope...., 6/10 is enough for me.








***** Physical touch

Nothing to say much, I rate myself 10/10!



Somehow, 10/10 is even too little?






"Hey....... be careful......" I often warned this guy.

"If you come too close, you're gonna been kissed!"








Alright,

so, my score is 34/50.



Is it C+ grade?



Well, surprisingly, looking back to what I have done, I thought I would get D or just C or something.









I have nothing to say much since Love is just like English-- it is not my mother language.

The way I learn English, to try to be good at it, I know I have to try out without concerning if the things I say correct or not. If you make mistake, you just be embarrased and laugh at it. Then you can try to correct it afterward.

But somehow Love is not like that? Once you make mistake, you may have no chance to redo it.

Then you fail and get a big red F grade stamped on your heart.



I've never got F and never want it.







Even though Thai is my native language, I still make mistakes sometimes.

I have been spending almost all my life learning English, but I still always make mistakes.



What about Love?

Do I have to spend all of my life to make it right?

No comments:

Post a Comment